Chrome bezel not fully tightened?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ehstern, Dec 30, 2008.

1. ehstern macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I've been lurking/reading threads for a while now but have never really gotten into the discussions much.

I've had an iPhone for a little more than a month or two so far and love every feature. I've gotten one replacement throughout this time, though, because I found many cracks in the black casing. The Genius Bar guy gave me a new phone, no questions asked.

Now, I have noticed something about the replacement phone he gave me. It's as if the chrome bezel is not tightened fully or something. In the dark (or any shade/lack of light), I can see light coming through on the left side of my phone - in between the black box outline of the screen and the bezel? It's not very big, but definitely noticeable in 2 small areas. Has anyone had this happen before?

I'm questioning whether or not to drive an hour to the closest Apple store to get it replaced. My vibrate/loud switch is also pretty loose and shakes a little when it's set on silent. That's also kind of driving me to get it replaced before I go back up to college on the 6th.

Thanks!

2. Robby9279 macrumors regular

This is happening with a lot of the phones a simple search would have helped you find that :p. However, I believe apple will replace it for you, so if you want you can take it in and get a new one with a better silent switch, no harm in getting a new one before you leave!
    But don't just take my word for it, wait for someone else to confirm that apple will replace it for the "light leak". :rolleyes:
    EDIT: This also happened with the refurbished phone I received off eBay. It didn't bother me enough to make me take it in.

3. TheMBC macrumors 6502