Chrome browser back arrow still broken.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lankyman, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Lankyman macrumors 68000

This is an old issue now but one that Google appears unable or unwilling to fix i.e. the back arrow not working properly for the Chrome browser. Looking at various forums this issue has been around for quite some time and affects both Windows and Mac users. Certainly in the case of Mac the issue was around with version 11 and we are now on version 13. If one right clicks the browser window then selects back that is what happens without issue but selecting the back arrow is very problematic.

Anyone have an info regarding a possible fix by Google. I'm running Lion BTW.

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

When you say it's not working, do you mean that when you click back it doesn't go back? How odd. Yours is the first time I've ever seen anyone mention it.

3. Lankyman thread starter macrumors 68000

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't what appears instead is a list of the websites you have visited as a drop down. Clicking the refresh arrow does solve the problem, though right clicking the browser window then "back" always works. Online forums are full of threads about this issue both Windows and Mac. Google been promising a fix for at least six months. Surprised you didn't already know about it.