Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwillgoesfast

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
after fruitless searches, i was hoping to get some advice from the experts, sorry if this is a belabored question.

I'm trying to find a good screen capture extension for the chrome browser. It seems that the ones i've tried are buggy for the mac version (work well for windows version).

Has anyone found a great extension that works very well on a mac. a primary function i am wanting is to be able to select a specific area for the screen grab so i don't have to use another program to crop.

I've tried "Awesome Screenshot", "avery" and "lightshot". they all just seem to be extra buggy/fickle. maybe it is something with my particular machine, but any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2007
+1

If you want even more control you can use the "grab" application that is installed on every mac - just search for it in spotlight... It should do everything you need.

And1ss

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Unless you need some special type of screen capture, use the built-in ones.

jwillgoesfast

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
That is exactly what I was needing. I knew you could grab the whole scree, but not a selection. thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.