Chrome Browser for Mac - Best screen capture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jwillgoesfast, Jul 11, 2011.

1. jwillgoesfast macrumors newbie

after fruitless searches, i was hoping to get some advice from the experts, sorry if this is a belabored question.

I'm trying to find a good screen capture extension for the chrome browser. It seems that the ones i've tried are buggy for the mac version (work well for windows version).

Has anyone found a great extension that works very well on a mac. a primary function i am wanting is to be able to select a specific area for the screen grab so i don't have to use another program to crop.

I've tried "Awesome Screenshot", "avery" and "lightshot". they all just seem to be extra buggy/fickle. maybe it is something with my particular machine, but any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

Why not use the OS X built in screen capture ? Command-Shift-4 and select a rectangle?

3. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

+1

If you want even more control you can use the "grab" application that is installed on every mac - just search for it in spotlight... It should do everything you need.

4. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

Unless you need some special type of screen capture, use the built-in ones.

5. jwillgoesfast thread starter macrumors newbie

That is exactly what I was needing. I knew you could grab the whole scree, but not a selection. thanks!

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Also, press Command + shift + 4 then space to take screenshot of window.