Chrome claiming outdated Flash Player

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by timebourne, Sep 17, 2012.

1. timebourne macrumors member

I have a MacBook running Tiger and I use Chrome as my browser and I've used it for a year or so now with no problems but suddenly Chrome has been claiming my Flash Player is out of date and so anything that requires flash on the page crashes(like youtube, etc). I tried updating it from the adobe website, but it still claims I have an outdated version of Flash Player.

Help?

2. OLDCODGER macrumors 6502a

First: is it Chrome telling you about Flash, or is it sites visited? If sites, get out of them - and stay out!

If Chrome, check to see if Javascript is enabled, and cookies allowed. Some sites insist on cookies (me no give cookies :) )

3. timebourne thread starter macrumors member

It's Chrome telling me, for example when I visited youtube(i typed in the url I did not use a link) it says: Picture 1.png And then I clicked "update" from these options: Picture 3.png

I am still getting this message after installing the latest flash player.

I just checked to see if javascript is enabled and it is: Picture 6.png

Then I checked for cookies and I saw that it was also allowed:
    Picture 5.png

So I'm still confused as to why it's not working. Would you happen to know why this is happening?

4. OLDCODGER macrumors 6502a

Ok, first, go to Adobe and download their uninstaller and latest Flash for Tiger. Open and run Uninstall Flash; quit browser and install latest Flash.
    Then restart and open browser. Hopefully, it will run properly.

Adobe Flash sometimes doesn't like updating over old versions, so best to always uninstall/reinstall.

Good luck.

5. star-affinity macrumors 6502a

star-affinity

6. OLDCODGER macrumors 6502a

Ah, well, that explains it. I don't use Chrome so I have just been schooled. :)

7. carlgo macrumors 68000

Despite going to the Adobe site and downloading the latest, it is never latest enough evidently. Almost daily get that annoying update window to download the latest.

Learned my lesson awhile back, got that malware thing, so I only go to the Adobe site.

Wish they or Apple or an app or ? would do something about this.

If appointed dictator, all internet crooks will be given a life on the chain gang, with weekly waterboarding sessions.

8. timebourne thread starter macrumors member

Oh wow ok thanks! I guess I should switch on over to firefox then.

Thanks again for the help!