Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Verdanice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
I can't find anybody else having these issues. I installed the Chrome beta a while back, and it's been updating itself since, but I need to finally get extensions working - I need my Adblock (Digg is completely unbearable without it). I read about the method to enable it weeks ago, just install the dev version - agree to the EULA and download. I did that, and overwrote the existing copy of Chrome. I didn't remove any other files. I still can't install extensions using the bookmarklet - it enables the install button, but I receive 'Extensions are not enabled' immediately after the download tries to start.

The other thing is, the dev version is supposed to include the bookmark manager. That's also nowhere to be seen.

Chrome says I'm running version 4.0.249.30 and that it's up to date. Any ideas? Do I have to completely remove Chrome before installing the dev version (i.e. everything I've built up in my Chrome profile to this point in Application Support)?

Any input is appreciated!

Verdanice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.