Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

punchdrunk55

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
I have a 15" MPB with and chrome and flash have not been getting along well at all recently. Flash is crashing like crazy and taking all my other tabs sown with it. Could this be because I have that gfxcardstatus program installed? It has been doing it more and more often since I put Lion on it. Anyone else have this problem or a solutions to it? I sometimes use firefox which doesn't really ever crash but I like chrome better for some reason

Oxonian3

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Trinidad
I have a 15" MPB with and chrome and flash have not been getting along well at all recently. Flash is crashing like crazy and taking all my other tabs sown with it. Could this be because I have that gfxcardstatus program installed? It has been doing it more and more often since I put Lion on it. Anyone else have this problem or a solutions to it? I sometimes use firefox which doesn't really ever crash but I like chrome better for some reason

gfxcardstatus should not affect chrome.Try re-installing chrome if it doesn't work.Maybe try to update adobe flash or software update.

MauiBoy

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
I have had problems with Flash and Chrome as well, and what I've found is that when gfxCardStatus switches to the integrated GPU (nVidia 9400m in my case), the Flash content area goes transparent. This ranges from annoying (YouTube with a "hole" in the screen) to unusable (Mosaic Reader makes the whole window transparent).

I've read it has to do with the graphics drivers in OS X. Switching back to the discrete GPU (nVidia 9600GT in my case) sometimes solves the issue - but, it reduces battery life significantly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.