Chrome & Flash

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SDAVE, Apr 27, 2012.

1. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I've been having this issue for a while on my Mac Pro and I've tried everything.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. SDAVE thread starter macrumors 68040

SDAVE

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Chrome uses its own Flash plugin (separate from anything you've installed for Safari) which is supplied within the application bundle. Make sure you haven't disabled it - go to settings/under the hood/content settings and click 'disable individual plugins' Check that the flash plugin hasn't been disabled.

If it hasn't, then disable it, restart Chrome and enable it again - that should re-write the preference file accordingly.

4. SDAVE, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012

SDAVE thread starter macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I've done that many many times, still no go.

I also found an older version of Chrome (v16) and installed that and replaced the new one. Flash worked perfectly.

After restarting the browser, I launched Chrome and it auto updated to the newest version :\

I also took out the flash plugin from the v16 and put it into the newest version (via open Package)...worked great....then after restarting the computer/browser, it auto updated again and my plugin stopped working.

So weird. I tried to clean all traces of Chrome and reinstall, but the same thing.

Maybe I need to reinstall OS X completely (this is an upgrade from Leopard > Snow Leopard > Lion)

Also, I can get it to work if I have the latest Chrome and just replace the Flash player .plugin file with an older one (Chrome version)....very weird. I removed Java and that didn't help either. I completely removed all other traces of Flash (that other browsers use) and no help.

Also repaired permissions

5. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Try creating a new user account and seeing if the problem repeats in that new account.

6. Bear macrumors G3

I've seen other posts that say flash is broken with the latest version of Chrome. Yay for autoupdates.

If you must use Chrome, can you turn off autoupdates?

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Try downloading Chrome Canary instead. It's the prerelease version and works very well on my MBP, including Flash.

jW

8. EnzoAmata, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

EnzoAmata macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

Chrome isn't loading Flash content - I've made a new user account and Chrome works fine, does anyone have any insight to this? I've deleted all Library content of Chrome and also used App Zapper to remove it and do a fresh install, still getting the same results.

I've have no flash conflicts within the "about:plugins" section - I've read if you had to installs it might cause conflict, but I'm fine.

I've added a picture of the version i'm running - it all works fine on the new user profile, so what's wrong with my current profile, anyone?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd like to add that, some sites seems to be running flash? + I have no extensions installed, in case they where having an effect, there are no extensions on though...

[​IMG]