Chrome issues with HD3000

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 87am, Aug 8, 2011.

1. 87am macrumors regular

I have 2011 15 MBP 2.2, and I use chrome as my primary browser for various reasons. I also use GFXcardstatus to monitor which graphics card is being utilized since I want to maximize battery life. Chrome always bumps to the ATI card but I can lock it to integrated only. But when I do that I always have issues playing web based video. Some videos will work until I full screen and ten it goes just black. Other times on YouTube the sounds plays, but where the video should be playing I actually see my background wallpaper. Is this everyone's experience? And can someone explain to me why this is happening?

2. 87am thread starter macrumors regular

3. lindstedt56 macrumors regular

4. 87am thread starter macrumors regular

So what happens to someone using a 13 in MBP?

5. ABadSanta macrumors regular

I also had this problem. I still keep it on integrated only. After a few days i could watch things at fullscreen. I think it fixed itself?

6. oinkcluckmoobah macrumors newbie

Have the same issue. It goes away when I turn dynamic switching on again.

7. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Then it'll only use the Intel HD3000.

With systems having discrete graphics, some parts of the HD3000 seems not to work properly, especially the switching.

8. 87am thread starter macrumors regular

I wonder if this is something that can be fixed either by an Apple update or a update to Chrome.

9. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

Chrome does not require discrete graphics; it engages them. I use gfxCardStatus to keep my MBP on the HD3000 all the time (except when I'm gaming) and everything works fine for me, except for flash, and that's only sometimes.