Chrome keeps crashing, Help?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by celticfc482, Mar 16, 2013.

1. celticfc482 macrumors member

Just recently, good chrome has kept crashing, web pages wont display at times. Pretty sure i have not edited anything. I installed java, but that shouldnt be the problem?

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? Have you tried reinstalling Chrome?

3. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Use a different browser.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There is no need to change to another browser, unless the user wants to. Chrome is a good browser and doesn't crash unless there's a problem. The first step in troubleshooting is not to "throw the baby out with the bath water".

5. celticfc482 thread starter macrumors member

I use it in incognito mode so nothing is cached but it seems that clearing it has worked for now thanks

6. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

It was merely a suggestion.

And Chrome doesn't exactly have the best privacy policy.

7. celticfc482 thread starter macrumors member

The problem is still there, web pages keep crashing even though I have cleared everything, any other suggestions?

Thanks

8. Hungry&Foolish Suspended

Try SMC reset, PRAM reset and Repair Disk Permissions. Maybe that will help.

9. Joseph Farrugia macrumors regular

Don't, it is a chrome issue that crops out every now and then, a quick google will inform you that the (google, not apple) developing team knows about this issues with macs & is working on it……although for some reason they refue to call it a "crash" :confused:

10. celticfc482 thread starter macrumors member

11. tekksan macrumors regular

This.

I used to use Chrome exclusively until I started having random system hangs while using it. My rMBP would hang so badly I'd have to hard reset it.

I started using the webkit nightly build and my system has now been rock solid. It's funny how a what is essentially a beta browser provides more stability than the polished product of Chrome.

My $.02.