Chrome - MacRumors display problem

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
I've been dealing with this issue for a while and haven't found it mentioned in the forum anywhere. I usually view this site with Safari with no issues. In recent months, I've been using Chrome. When I view a MR news or blog article in Chrome, random sections of the article appear as blocks of empty space.

upload_2017-10-12_12-45-11.png

Sometimes dragging the cursor will cause sections to appear, but sometimes the opposite happens: even more turns into empty space. This only happens on MacRumors.com. It doesn't happen in the forums or on any other website.

I'm running the most current versions of iOS Sierra and Chrome, with all Chrome extensions disabled.

Any thoughts?

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
That's very odd. I also use Chrome to view the site, both on my MBP and my Samsung Chromebook Pro (everything updated on both, lots of extensions). I'm wondering if it can be a problem ad.

Anyone else experiencing this?

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I'm on Chrome right no, at least Chrome for Windows and I'm not seeing any issues. I've used Chrome on OS X, from time to time and never noticed any issues.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
That's very odd. I also use Chrome to view the site, both on my MBP and my Samsung Chromebook Pro (everything updated on both, lots of extensions). I'm wondering if it can be a problem ad.
The problem continues. I never see ads on MR, and the problem appears in areas of news articles where ads don't appear, anyway. It's consistent on almost every article I view, but random as to which sections of the article are blanked out. Current version of Sierra and Chrome. All Chrome extensions disabled. Cleared cache and cookies. Rebooted Mac. It's got me baffled.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I haven't run into this, although I rarely use Chrome. I'll ask our developers if they have any thoughts.

Reactions: annk