Chrome not loading all Images on FrontPage?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Liquidtrance, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Liquidtrance macrumors member

Not sure where I should've gone with this thread but I thought I would start here. I am noticing some images not loading on the MacRumors frontpage, the images at the top seem to load fine (images, videos, etc) however scrolling down a few articles the page layout shows that there should be an image however it is blank and the URL for the image shows 1x1 at cdn.macrumors.com?

What is even more odd, is if I try IE or Firefox they load fine and show the REAL full URL for the images. I have tried disabling all extensions, clearing all caches and incognito mode but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else had this odd issue or am I alone?!

2. 29er macrumors member

29er

Just took a look and I can't reproduce this. Couldn't see it on v37.0.2062.120 or v37.0.2062.122 after checking for an update. Which version are you on?

3. Liquidtrance thread starter macrumors member

4. 29er macrumors member

29er

Can you take a screen grab of the malformed source code for one of the busted images?

5. Liquidtrance thread starter macrumors member

Please disregard.

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth I was able to see our proxy was denying parts of the Web Analytics domains which was preventing certain images from displaying.

Still not sure why it displayed the first few articles perfectly fine and all the older ones were blocked though.

Either way, after some custom rules it looks like it is working again.