Chrome now doesn't allow you to disable the stupid user switcher thing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by poiihy, Jul 22, 2015.

1. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

Chrome has this stupid user switcher thing in the upper right corner just like in OS X.
    This has been around for a while but it was possible to disable it by disabling "Enable new profile management system" in Chrome flags. But now this does not work anymore, and even though that flag is disabled, there will still be a menu!!

This menu would probably make sense for Windows users where multiple people use the same account, but on OS X it is really stupid, because it is almost an exact copy of OS X's user switching thing. Why do you need to have a multi-user account system in your browser when you can have a multi-account system in your OS? Now you have to see two copies of your name next to each other in the upper right corner. It looks ridiculous!

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

It's not "stupid" on OSX. It's not only about multiple people but also for those of us who manage different sets of online accounts. Having access to these user profiles is invaluable. I have a profile for work, home, and church. Each of these profiles have different email accounts, different bookmarks, different userids and passwords. The user profile capabilities of Chrome make switching between them very easy and straight forward.

3. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

Yep, its an awesome feature... I have one profile for work and one for home.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I like the ability to have different profiles - that seems to give the app more flexibility.