chrome on new macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Surfing@Blacks, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Surfing@Blacks macrumors regular

When ever I open chrome up and icon in dock always freezes on the bounce. It is the only icon that will do this, anyone else get this. I am OCD and it bugs the ish out of me. I did a clean install and still occurs.

2. crypticlineage macrumors regular

Chrome didn't install a icon for me on the dash, so I haven't seen this problem. But you can always just remove the icon entirely and launch chrome from Applications folder.

3. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

That's weird, what version of chrome do you have installed? Not that it should matter, but maybe try Canary or Dev and see if it still happens?

4. apd macrumors member

That's bizarre - I have chrome beta and canary dev both running perfectly. Uninstall with AppCleaner (or something similar) then reinstall?

5. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I installed Chrome on my new MBP and deleted it after about 15 minutes of use. It seemed very buggy, locked up several times and the speed was slower than Safari according to speedtest.net. I was surprised because I've always had good experiences with it in Windows, but not in OS X. For now, I'll stick with Safari.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

App removal software such as AppCleaner doesn't do a thorough job of deleting files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this.

7. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Remove the icon from the dock and open it from the applications folder.
    If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall or go get the Canary or Beta build of it and try your luck there.

Interestingly enough, my friend with a 2010 MB had the same problem... it took him 20+ seconds to open it. Meh.