Chrome possibly now #2 browser

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by mkrishnan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9222322/Chrome_edges_Firefox_grabs_second_browser_spot

So depending on whom you believe, it either just happened or will in a few months. An impressive rise.

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It makes sense, Chrome is a very well rounded browser that is extremely stable. I had to stop using Safari because it was becoming more of a hog and I didn't like FireFox as a primary browser.

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Well done Chrome. Never really liked the browser myself, however it's sleek and simple look with it's powerful capabilities will attract lots of users. Something for both Joe Average and Mr Tech in Chrome. Its quite amazing to think that it was only two years ago I first heard of Chrome.

Google have really done well.

4. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Everytime I see an elder person use Chrome for the first time, their eyes light up. Even they recognize the speed increase. IE just doesn't cut it right now.

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Sorry, I would have responded to this, but I'm at a government building at work and we use IE 7...

Grats Chrome. :D

6. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I prefer the browser war today compared to the Netscape / IE war. Even the worst browser isn't that bad and the worst browser isn't the same for everyone. It was true with the Mac for many years and I am glad Windows now has more of a balance.

7. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

God, tell me about it. I had forgotten browsers were once that bad! :eek: