Chrome Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RMSko, Aug 12, 2012.

1. RMSko macrumors 6502

Can someone tell me the exact version number for latest Chrome update. I have the rMBP and have been waiting for the public release and just want to make sure I have the most updated version that has support for the retina display. I tried searching, but couldn't find the answer. Thanks.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. stevelam macrumors 65816

yep. and this version still sucks. much slower with scrolling/UI than safari 6. mainly since google had to disable gpu acceleration due to bugs.

and PS, you can just go to "about google chrome" and it'll tell you whether you have the latest version or not.

4. RMSko thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, I actually did that and it said I was running the latest version and in fact I am. However, I don't recall updating and so it was strange that I had the newest version, but I guess I must've updated without really paying attention - scary!

5. DVD9 macrumors 6502a

Chrome updates automatically and applies the update when the browser is relaunched.

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

It's all done automatically in the background. That's the genius of Google, it happens fast, efficiently, and trouble free in the background. Like you've experienced, you don't even know it's happening.

So smooth in fact it should be characterized as "It Just Works"

We use the business version of Google Apps and Services at work. The level of reliability, the frequent improvements, the entire experience is very impressive.

Google does very fine work.