Chrome/Safari font

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by adonis3k, Aug 25, 2014.

1. adonis3k macrumors 6502

Hi guys,
    I am starting to use Chrome more and more now as it seems to run alot quicker than Safari (on Yosemite beta) but I can't seem to get the same look as I do with Safari on some forums.
    The font looks abit blurry and not as clear compared to Safari any ideas?

[​IMG]
    free picture upload

2. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

I'm using Public Beta 2 with Safari, and its much better (Faster) than Beta 1, but have heard others say Chrome is slower. Go figure on your results.....

3. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

4. phrozend macrumors member

Chrome's font rendering has been sketchy since... well, for as long as I can remember. I think there's a couple of solutions out there (hacks/fixes). I remember I just gave up and returned to Safari.

5. adonis3k thread starter macrumors 6502

I've had a search but looks like there isnt a quick fix, think I will just leave it as is until Yosemite is fully released and go back to Safari as its just the extensions which are abit buggy.

6. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

Looks like what's happening there is that it's faking the bold font on those titles. Basically the font file the website is relying on doesn't have a bold variant, but the browser sees that it is supposed to be bold and mangles it like this to thicken it. Not Yosemite-related, and every browser does this somewhat.