Chrome & Safari not showing websites properly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kryptonkid07, Jun 28, 2013.

1. kryptonkid07 macrumors regular

kryptonkid07

Hey guys,

I hardly post here, and it's never things that have to do with my iMac (so if I've posted this in the wrong place, let me know please). It's always iPhone stuff, but I've run into this problem.

Chrome has always been my preferred browser followed by Safari, last being Firefox.

A few weeks or months (I lose track of time) ago both Chrome and Safari stopped working with a few websites.

It's not all of them, but I noticed it on twitter.com and facebook.com (Facebook works sometimes when I turn off https).

Any ideas? Firefox works just fine, so I'm not pressed to get this fixed, but it would make things more pleasant if I could use my preferred browser.

I attached a screenshot of twitter.com open on all 3 browsers at the same time.

Attached Files:

2. 960design macrumors 68020

They are working fine for me across multiple browsers.

3. NikMac macrumors member

Looks like a problem with loading the website CSS files (which tell the browser how to display the html info). If you click the "Develop" menu in Safari, make sure "Disable Styles" is not checked. If you have JavaScript disabled, that could also be causing problems. I don't use Google Chrome but there should be similar options in its settings somewhere.

4. kryptonkid07 thread starter macrumors regular

kryptonkid07

I looked and "Disable Styles" is not checked. JavaScript is enabled.

I wonder why Firefox works fine, but the others don't.

5. kryptonkid07 thread starter macrumors regular

kryptonkid07

bump?

I'm getting used to Firefox, but I'd really like to figure out why the other browsers don't work.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Two questions:
    • Which extensions do you have installed?
    • Are you accessing the 'net via a proxy server? If so, then which proxy server?

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules

8. kryptonkid07 thread starter macrumors regular

kryptonkid07

Not sure if this was the problem all along, or not, since I really know nothing about the subject, but I bought a new wireless router since my old cheap Netgear router was dying on me, and now the problem seems to have disappeared.

That was a really long... sentence. :D