Chrome says Missing Plugin

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sepandee, Mar 26, 2012.

1. sepandee macrumors regular

DIdn't have this problem before. But now, 50% of the time when I open a video (like on YouTube), it'll say "Missing Plug-in." The video starts playing when I refresh the page 1-5 times.

This is getting annoying.

So I deleted my Chrome browser, deleted my user profile, reinstalled everything again, and I still encounter the same problem. What do I need to do to fix this?

2. Bear macrumors G3

Does it say what plug in? Adding that info to your request could help you get an answer faster. You could always try reinstalling the plugin again if it's a user installable one.

Otherwise have you tried whatever forums Google has from Chrome users? Or submitted a help request to them?

As an aside, I have never seen this issue with Firefox or Safari and I have never used Chrome, so the above is the limit of what I can suggest.

3. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

4. sepandee thread starter macrumors regular

No it doesn't, but since it's on YouTube and similar video sites I'm guessing it's Flash.

5. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Seems like Chrome v.18 broke Flash.

Went back to v.16 and no issues whatsoever. Make sure not to go to Chrome > About or else it will auto update.

I tried the latest beta and it still didn't help.