Chrome text cache?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ZebraineZ, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

Hey :) I have a little problem, I don't really know exactly what to call it but you know when in Firefox/Safari (least I think safari does it too...) when you write a big post and if you accidentally click another link, you can just press back and you can go back to exactly what you just wrote so it's not lost?

I don't know how to do this in chrome because chrome right now is my absolute favorite browser, it just does everything perfectly EXCEPT that one thing because everytime I accidentally click a link or something while i make a long post I press back and it goes back to where you would for example write in whatever you wrote but everything you wrote will be gone!

I know it has something to do with the browser keeping these stuff in it's cache so it doesn't get lost and I know firefox has had this feature for a while now, I want to know what is it exactly called or if there is a way to access this feature in Chrome or even Safari if it doesn't have it, my memory is a bit shady.

Thanks :) it's an important feature for me because I tend to at times write a lot of long things in the browser itself or just something important and I might accidentally click something and all the things I wrote would be gone, which sucks.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

It's not a specific feature. It's just a side effect. It all depends on if the browser decides to reload the page when you hit back or use what's in the cache. Safari deletes things for me. I don't care for Chrome so not sure if it does it to me. Firefox will usually go back without refreshing the page.

My only suggestion is to make sure you don't use private browsing as that kind of disables the cache.

3. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha :p that's why I love Chrome, it's private browsing is the best so far, it's as clean and simple as Safari's but you can manage it with different windows, rather than it being an all-or-nothing sort of switch.