Chrome Two Finger Swipe Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gswilder, Sep 30, 2011.

1. gswilder macrumors regular

I love two finger swiping to go back in your browser. I am using this feature in the latest Chrome version on my MBP with OSX Lion.

Here's the problem.

When I use 2 fingers to swipe "back", it takes me back to the TOP of the previous web page. (vs where I was on the page before)

However, when I press the "Back Arrow" button on Chrome, it goes to previous page, exactly where I was. This seems to be the same behavior as if I press the "Delete" key to go back (it also takes me to the TOP of the previous page).

Is their a way to change this behavior with the 2 finger swipe? Or a bug? Or the way it is designed?

Thanks to all in advance...
    Greg
    :confused:

2. Gillespie81 macrumors regular

ya i noticed that too. that was just in the most recent update the two finger slide. maybe the next update will be closer to safari. i use chrome and firefox the least tho. i don't even think you can swipe on firefox.....nope just checked

3. gswilder thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Yes, I have used Firefox for many years, but it seems slow on OSX. I like Safari and the swipe gestures, and the cool page animation. But Safari just doesn't seem as stable for me anyway. Chrome seems to be getter better everyday. But once you start using the 2 finger swipe, it gets addictive. Wish they would fix this behavior in Chrome soon.

4. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

i can't help much, but i can add the feeling of the pain we share [sort of..
    i was writing an email in Chrome the other day and noticed that whenever i tried to scroll to the left or right of my email [i was adding images] well it would take me to the previous page which was so frustrating ><

but i still <3 Chrome :)

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Get BetterTouchTool and create your own gestures that will work for everything.

Personally I have a two finger place with a third tap that moves left and right across any browser window, as it maps the gestures with keyboard commands.

That way, you can use gestures for ANY program or any keyboard command, making the entire process faster.

If you're on SL, you can get it for free. If you're on Lion, you'll have to buy it from the App Store.