Chrome Update

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by DMCY22, Jul 1, 2012.

1. DMCY22 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just switched from a PC to my first Mac. I normally use Chrome but because of the crashes I've been using Safari. Safari's not bad but I miss Chrome's omnibar.

For those of you who use Chrome on a Mac, did the recent update fix the problem? I'm a bit hesitant to install Chrome unless I know that it won't consistently freeze up/crash my computer.

Thanks.

2. tey112 macrumors member

My Chrome is v20.0.1132.47 on a MBA 13" 128SSD/8GB 2012 and I haven't had a single crash in the week I've had my computer.

3. Kyllle macrumors 6502

Google "safari omnibar"
    It's really simple and basically gives you the same chrome functionality built in to safari.

I believe safari is combining the two bars into one in the next release though, maybe with Mountain Lion, so it will be native in a few months.

4. Mosco macrumors regular

5. RMSko macrumors 6502

Hmmm - I've been using Chrome with my MBA since I got it in January and have never had a single crash (hope I'm not jinxing it now :)).

6. mikeytrend macrumors member

They put a band-aid patch out to fix the problem for affected machines (aka any Ivy Bridge CPU) and they're working on the problem. It might be a problem on Apple's end as Application leaks shouldn't cause kernel panics like that.

If you're interested in having an omnibar, you can become a Safari Developer for free and download the beta of Safari 6, which uses the omnibar.