Chrome vs. Safari - Tweet from functionality

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by creativedogmedia, Nov 12, 2013.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Here's my situation:

I really like how Safari syncs between iOS and OS and not a big fan of Chrome on iOS, especially since you can't force browser default on iOS. I noticed when using Chrome that I couldn't click to open a link from Tweetbot for Mac but it works fine on Safari.

On the other hand, I LOVE the tweet from address bar add-on for Chrome and I haven't found ANYTHING that works so perfectly on Safari. I know there are extensions for Safari that you can use to Tweet but every one I've seen actually opens up the Twitter app and then opens a window to tweet what you've requested....

Any suggestions?

2. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

3. HighFlyingBirds macrumors regular

HighFlyingBirds

Do you have your twitter account enabled on your mac? You can tweet from safari's share button or the notification panel

4. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I do. As I mentioned, I'm aware that I can tweet from the browser's built in functionality and add-ons but they end up opening up the Twitter app first. The coolest feature to me about Chrome is that tweet extension where you click on the bird in the address bar and it brings up a dialogue box and all you have to do is click tweet. I know, first world problems, but I know what I like. Just curious if anyone has seen it.

5. HighFlyingBirds macrumors regular

HighFlyingBirds

If I click on the share icon in safari, it doesn't open the twitter app, it opens a pop up which allows me to share the page and write some comments. From the notification centre it allows me to click to tweet. Is that not the functionality you are looking for? :confused:

6. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Partially....still have to type in text to name the tweet. The add-on in Chrome is click to open and click to send....I can add to it if I want but it automatically grabs the title of the page I am on.

7. HighFlyingBirds macrumors regular

HighFlyingBirds

Ah, ok. Never used chrome, don't like it. It always made my MacBooks fans kick in. I prefer the synchronisation between all my devices!