Chrome - when will it work again?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Eathan74, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Eathan74 macrumors newbie

I've used Google Chrome for years and really appreciate it's speed and functionality.

I was rather dismayed when I learned that it was causing the new 2012 MBA's to crash.

Any idea when or if a fix is going to be available? I could use Firefox, I guess, but for now I've just been using Safari (sorry, not a fan Apple) in hopes that they will fix the bugs in Chrome so that I can start using it again.

Searches on "GOOGLE" don't come up with any news on fixes.:confused:

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

I used to be an avid chrome fan but safari has grown on me, and now just use that instead.

3. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

4. saleemyas3 macrumors regular

Mine crashed the first week i got it (received it a week after launch), but has been fine ever since. Use chrome daily

5. robdrj45 macrumors member

Same

6. Eathan74 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys! I just downloaded it and it seems to be working fine now. Funny that they would fix it and not announce it.

7. jmfel1926 macrumors member

works fine for over 2 weeks for me ! no problem even with flash videos

8. Red Wolf macrumors newbie

I have my Air 2012 since friday. Have used Chrome since then and no crashes or whatsoever so far.

9. Isira macrumors newbie

10. midtownhd macrumors member

11. cookie709 macrumors newbie

Yep, same thing. I've been using chrome daily for the past 3 weeks on a '12 MBA... no issues whatsoever.

12. GBlansten macrumors regular

GBlansten

I have used Chrome exclusively since getting my MBA '12. Chrome has only crashed once for me. I always keep twelve tabs open as well.

13. asting macrumors 6502

Google nearly immediately addressed this by falling back onto an older build that lacked certain hardware acceleration. If the dev channel is failing it's probable they still don't have a fix and just have the patched/temp version.

14. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Ive been using Mountain Lion. Chrome did a recent update with the update checker that now doesn't work with Little Snitch. It comes up with a new executable every time it checks for an update... multiple times an hour. Even if you let it through the firewall, it comes back with a new request because Little Snitch thinks its another program.

I gave up and gave Safari another try and I'm really liking it. I'm not experiencing the memory leak behavior that has dogged Safari for years.

The latest Safari in Mountain Lion has the single address/search bar like Chrome. I really like the double tap zoom like on iPad/iPhone making it to the Mac. I like the reading list & reader.

15. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I've got a four day old 2012 MBA and I've been using Chrome non stop without a single issue. I didn't even know there was a known problem until I just came across this thread.

16. shante1012, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012

shante1012 macrumors newbie

shante1012

I must have lucked out because I purchased my MBA 7/14 and downloaded chrome immediately and never had an issue with it. I still Safari though

17. asting macrumors 6502

Right, because as discussed google immediately patched it to a safe version...

18. shante1012 macrumors newbie

shante1012

Good because I prefer Chrome over safari(at the moment anyway) I have used it on my PC and I dont want to have to use anything else. I like that its fast and customizable

19. asting macrumors 6502

What? why did you quote me? I was saying of course it worked, we're all aware it does. They pulled the bad version within a few hours.

20. shante1012 macrumors newbie

shante1012

I am sorry, i was not aware i need a reason to quote some one. I have randonquoteitis;) and was under the influence of some narcotics. So if it was crazy thats why