Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vorob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2011
My father uses MacBook Pro 2011 with OSX 10.15.7. At first all was fine, but now Chrome and Yandex (also Chromebase) browsers won't launch. If you click they will appear with blank page and then auto close. No idea what that is. But i found in google that if you type in terminal

open /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app --args --no-sandbox

It will work. And it is, Chome is working and my father can use the computer. The problem is that if he close browser or if it crashes you have to redo everything in terminal again.

I can't find a way to create a Windows-style shortcut to browser so it could launch in one click. I found some info about creating apple script but it's like rocket-science for me. I'm getting some weird syntactic errors and so on.

Can you please help me?

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
On the current version of Chrome 120.0.6099.216 it says that no-sandbox is not accepted. Maybe it works in your version.

Open Script Editor(/Applications/Utilities/Script Editor)

copy-paste the code
Code:
do shell script "open -a /Applications/Google\\ Chrome.app --args -no-sandbox"

save as an app on Desktop or Applications and drag it into the Dock.

Save a script as an app in Script Editor on Mac
https://support.apple.com/guide/script-editor/scpedt1072/mac

vorob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2011
Thank you! Now Chrome can be used in one click.

p.s. I was able to find some report window and can see what is happening when i'm trying to launch another browser. Maybe you can help understand what is wrong with my system?

I tried googling and it looks like some access to files are blocked for some reason. I've added both Chrome and Yandex to allowed for disk access, but still no luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.