Chromecast (and BBC iPlayer on Chromecast!) coming to the U.K. on Wednesday 19 March

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Lloydbm41, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Lloydbm41, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

3. andy2141 macrumors 6502

Likewise and tbh even though I've rooted mine I've yet to really use it. My ATV seems to do everything I need.

Debating ebaying mine. Wonder if a rooted one goes for more?

4. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

My chromecast is pretty nice (US here). For the price, it offers a lot. Also, now that Google's released the sdk, there should be some nice improvements. It's cool to be able to watch google play videos from my Note 3 to a HDTV.

5. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

There is already quite a bit of cool stuff. If you happen to have a couple of Android phones in your home, they have a couple of quiz games (I like "Qcast") on the Chromecast where you can pit one person against another (Jeopardy style) and see who can get the answer faster. First person to 100pts wins.

Get the app "Cast Store for Chromecast" to see all the available Chromecast apps. Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=goko.gcs

Qcast quiz game is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dylanp.cast.triviatime

6. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

In the UK and had mine ages ago.. Beauty of Amazon

Use it all the time for Netflix

7. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

That sound like fun. I will check it out.