Chromecast help needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vjicecool, Feb 2, 2014.

1. vjicecool macrumors 6502

Is any one using chromecast dongle here?
    If i would like to watch a video on a site for full screen on tv, how do i do that.
    If i click on the enlarge icon on the video, it goes full screen both on tv and my Mac, i want the full screen only on tv not on mac.

2. JunkyJeff macrumors newbie

Not sure how it works on a laptop I think it needs to be full on a laptop. When you are using a mobile phone I know you are allowed to multitask. I'll check for you later tonight if you want.

3. vjicecool thread starter macrumors 6502

please let me know

4. jvwinn macrumors newbie

I just got my chromecast so forgive me for my stupid question. I know I can stream netflix and hulu but can quicktime videos be streamed to the tv using the chromecast?

5. vjicecool thread starter macrumors 6502

i head you can open a video while using chrome browser (Ctrl+ O or Command O) and when the video open up in the browser just enlarge it

6. c1phr macrumors 6502

For the Chromecast running through Chrome, it's just a mirror of the display, which means full screen on the TV is going to require full screen on your Mac. You'll need to wait for an application to support driving the Chromecast display separately. Google created the Chrome extension as a way to show off some of the capabilities of the device, but mobile was really the focus in the beginning.

The Chromecast SDK just came out today, so we'll start seeing applications supporting the device in the coming future.