Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dkersten

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2010
Very much looking forward to see developers work this into their apps. I'm really looking forward to playing Spotify through my TV

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
big_grin_smiley_face_sticker-p217746367994550126envb3_400.jpg

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Good news! My Note 3 and Chromecast work great together. At home, not only does it work well, but it's so easy to bring it to friends homes; set up is easy and fast. Can't wait to see what developers bring.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
The moment the Chromecast can work just accessing a local network and doesn't need to access internet to work, that moment I will be happy

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
Well it does (kinda). I have the Avia player and I can stream movies from a raid nat drive via samba to the chromecast. Works just great.

The moment the Chromecast can work just accessing a local network and doesn't need to access internet to work, that moment I will be happy

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
Well it does (kinda). I have the Avia player and I can stream movies from a raid nat drive via samba to the chromecast. Works just great.

Yes, but the Chromecast needs internet access.

Situation, place without cell coverage, AP and a Chromecast and an Android device with Plex content synced. Chromecast doesn't work, it says that need to access internet

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
Ok understood. Does it need internet or just a wifi connection? I must say I never tried it without an internet connection. Wonder why it would require it (apart from s/w updates).

Would be great if it supported wifi direct for situations where you don't even have a wifi ap.

Yes, but the Chromecast needs internet access.

Situation, place without cell coverage, AP and a Chromecast and an Android device with Plex content synced. Chromecast doesn't work, it says that need to access internet

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.