ChromeCast... suitability & best app for iOS?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by rexone, Mar 3, 2016.

1. rexone, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016

rexone macrumors regular

Lake Weyba on the sub-tropical Sunshine Coast :)
    Howdy all,
    When I'm giving public presentations I often use my AppleTV & stream from my iPhone or iPad.
    Works pretty well but more messing around than I'd like with sorting out the wifi network & carrying around power cords etc.
    So... looking at Google ChromeCast... Seems to me to be a heck of a lot easier to just have one tiny device with no leads & a lot less set-up.
    Anyone been using Google ChromeCast for such things? What's your experience?
    Most of the time all I stream is images (PowerPoint slides saved as images) that I swipe through & occasionally some video (my own material so no iTunes issues).
    I'd appreciate any feedback & especially suggestion on apps that make this sort of stuff doable. I don't mind if it's a paid app.

Thanks in advance.

2. Nathan_Marx macrumors newbie

Nathan_Marx

Download the google chrome cast app. All the apps are listed within that app that support chromecast. Google photos comes to mind when you talk about streaming images. Chromecast is really simple and super portable. Especially if your tv has a USB port to power the device.