Chronic Unlock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tche002, Nov 26, 2013.

1. tche002 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if Chronic Unlock works? If it does, is there a cheaper option at this point? Since I was able to sell my unlocked iPhone 5 for a good price, I'm OK with paying extra for the unlock.. Or should I just wait until prices drop? I just want to know if anyone else has used Chronic recently.. Thanks!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yep, Chronic Unlocks works. Just be prepared to wait a while.

3. tche002 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I can wait. I waited for almost a month now to get it unlocked with officialappleunlocks.co.uk.. Just gonna dispute the transaction with my CC company...

4. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

Chronic is legit. Originally bought my 5S with AT&T and now I moved it over to T-Mobile thanks to an unlock from Chronic. Only paid 30 cents for it too :D

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Yup Chronic works.

The 30 cent thing was a short lived promo though.

6. tche002 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, now the price is $139... I'm going to give Toasty a try first

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Toasty seems to use scammy promotion methods. They used hacked / purchased MR dormant newbie accounts (removed by admins already).

Their twitter also claims that they have iPhone 5s jailbreak and claimed that Chronic doesn't work. I wouldn't trust them at all.

8. eddie8620 macrumors newbie

also stay away from iRescueUnlocks and Marcus, he scammed me of $95. In the process of filing a dispute now. Sucks......

9. luffy-kun, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014

luffy-kun macrumors newbie

I think i got ripped off by chronic

I read on the forums here that this group is legit so I ordered an iphone unlock 2 months ago, but alas still nothing.

He was replying for my update request for the first month but now he is not replying at all. Even if i ask for refund, nothing.

I htought chronic was for real based on the threads i read here but i guess they were all scam?

10. PeteUnlock macrumors newbie

Chronic Unlocks, getting ready to go bankcrupt?!

I have dealt with Chronic Unlocks on many occasions, however I have suspicions they are now preparing to go bankrupt.
    I currently have orders outstanding with them which they can not / will not fulfil.
    e-mail replies have gone from quick to non-existent, and customer service is virtually useless.
    In particular the iCloud removal is / was there greatest stroke of genius.
    Pay for a service via PayPal and you get 45 days to claim refund, the quoted time of iCloud unlock is 30 "working days" , thus by the time they have made excuses you are out of time to claim via PayPal.
    Comments received back from Chronic Unlocks include;
    "You must be patient"
    "Everybody has to wait"
    "Read our terms"
    "Estimated time based on Previous unlocks"
    Well from what I have gathered previous iCloud unlocks as provided by them takes......... forever!
    My current unlock was ordered 3/11/14, almost 3 MONTHS ago!
    Avoid these people, a good company gone very very bad!

I placed this review on Trustpilot and within minutes had an e-mail offering a refund.......... sadly no refund was ever forthcoming!

Having dug deeper I now find many many people who are having the same issue.

My advice is still the same, avoid them whilst you can!

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you didn't purchase an unlock. You went for their icloud removal and that is not guaranteed it will work.
    It won't go thru if the device is lost or stolen.
    Next time don't purchase stolen property.

12. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Trying to break through iCloud lock? You deserve to lose your money.

13. PeteUnlock macrumors newbie

You seem a bit confused

Why would I purchase an unlock, when it is not required.
    The service purchased was correct.
    I think I know how to spot a stolen/lost Apple product by now, so thats not the reason for non-supply.
    You appear to have totally missed the point, so I will put it in more simple terms for you.
    A company which knows it is about to go out of business, can and will, try to get in as much money as possible, knowing it will never fulfil its orders.

Sorry Applejuiced but you seem to have heard lots of exciting words, "unlock, iCloud, Stolen" and really dont seem to know how or when to use them correctly. I bet you are great chatting about Jailbreaking

----------

What a strange comment.

I presume you have heard of Apple? And mobile phones?

I will take that as a yes, and presume we have covered the basics then.
    Well if you dig a little deeper you will discover it is possible to remove the iCloud lock, through reputable Companies.

The issue is "Chronic unlocks" lack of credability, rather than your lack of knowledge.

14. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Bunch of hogwash. And a newbie...hmmm.

15. PeteUnlock macrumors newbie

Intelligent responses required

Wow, who would have thought someone would be so desperate to get his “comment count” up by making such detailed, informative and interesting comments.

Appendix to my original post, can those with no intelligence, understanding of business or Apple products or general no-hopers please not comment, thanks!

16. JulesJam macrumors 68020

JulesJam

I understand how these services are able to carrier unlock devices but I don't understand how they could legitimately be able to iCloud unlock a device. Seems like that would require an Apple insider to accomplish, no?

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont know what is going on with that particular company since I never used them before.
    I heard positive comments about them before but that's about it.
    But again I don't feel bad for you or anyone losing their money trying to bypass Apples security measures such as icloud activation lock. It is there for a reason and to deter theft.
    Next time don't buy or possess stolen property and you will not have that problem.
    Good luck.

18. yjchua95 macrumors 604

People who are trying to bypass Apple's anti-theft security (especially iCloud activation lock) for whatever reason are definitely up to no good.

19. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Dont demand something you dont have. Makes you look even...well you can figure it out or do I have to explain?

----------

He is buying stolen goods or probably selling them himself. Its always funny how these guys all know of "legit" sources that do these things.

20. Allthings-I macrumors 6502

Last I heard the service is dead and been that way since September 2014.

Cant say it exists, but some sites usually don't stop taking in orders for dead services till months after to keep potential customers from going elsewhere.

Its not that they are making false promises, just that they don't act quick enough to take down services or update customers / potential customers of whats the most current status.

I am glad icloud removal is down, but apple being as big as it is, everyone tries to take a dip out of the their pot of success, and one of the ways was this kind of service.