Chronicles of Riddick 2 Pack: questions

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by MyDesktopBroke, Apr 18, 2010.

1. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

So they've ported Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena and Escape from Butcher's Bay to mac. It got pretty good reviews for PC, but I'm always wary of mac ports. Also, there I heard there were some issues with DRM being excessive.

Does anyone have this for mac yet/planning to get it? What were your experiences?

2. Blair230 macrumors regular

I am planning to get it but not sure about DRM. It really doesn't matter to me whether I have to have the DVD in the drive, etc. as I only play games on one machine.

I think Chronicles is download only (at least for the time being) and I've never bought anything from Virtual Programming before so I can't attest to how their download service works.

If I do buy soon I will post here as far as my experience goes. I also think it is not a cider port (from the small scraps of info I have found) but native which is good news in regards to the quality of it! If anyone has other info on that, please post!

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I got this for $5 on Direct2Drive a while back. It's a good game. Never got around to playing the second (Dark Athena) yet, but I've heard it's not as good.

4. siorai macrumors 6502

Dark Athena is just different. It's not quite so stealthy and more run and gun. It's definitely a good game, but if you're hardcore into the stealth-side of the first game it's going to be a bit of a disappointment.