Chrono Trigger coming to DS?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by capoeirista, Jul 2, 2008.

1. capoeirista macrumors 6502

I saw this on an english gaming site just now. If it's true, it's the best news I've heard all week!

CVG Chrono trigger DS

As much as I hate a countdown site (anyone seen that Resident Evil 5 one of the broken video camera?) I can't wait to see if it gets confirmed! I've only played a bit of it, and it is awesome. This, and a Final Fantasy VI remake (although I'm currently playing it on GBA) would be too much.

2. takao macrumors 68040

takao

http://kotaku.com/5021416/square-enix-confirms-chrono-trigger-ds

and confirmed

though i have to admit it's hardly surprising looking at the love the DS is currently getting for square enix ...

oh and i hope anbody who llikes RPGs played The World Ends With You .. most innovative game from square enix since perhaps a decade

(not that the current Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is bad or anything .. quite the contrary)

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Holy hell! I never had this game (or a SNES) so I eagerly away this. Sounds like they've added quite a few new features too.

Do want.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Looks like I might have to buy another DS....Chrono Trigger is a classic...wished it would come to the PSP because I really don't want to buy another DS.

Bless

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

gravy, i just played my SNES copy a while back, it still rocks.

Touch screen stuff though? yay..y...y......

6. pcypert macrumors 6502

Boo. I said it on Kotaku and I'll say it here. We're feeding the beast everytime we buy these rehashes. They don't have to rethink and innovate (things that made Chrono so good for its time) because they'll make money doing the opposite. I'm not buying any more of their crap till they get there new releases sorted.

Paul

7. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Did you really think TWEWY was THAT innovative? I thought it was a pretty standard RPG, to be honest, I didn't even like it that much, combat was pretty annoying though the story, the setting and collecting pins were pretty cool.

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

that's why i said the most innovative game since a decade _from square enix_

because obviously they have been making gazillions rehashes .. though still not as bad as capcom with their mega man games