Chrysler Returns to Profit

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rdowns, May 2, 2011.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Link

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Make profit, borrow more to pay off the others, keep profit ... yeah BS. Some of that profit needs to be used towards paying off the government loans before they're able to borrow more (regardless of the source).

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

How did they manage to turn a profit? Who's buying their cars, and why? :confused:

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I just got my wife a Town & Country. She loves it. It's a great van.

5. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

that is what they are doing, and they are basically re-financing the rest.
    if they can repay the govt and go back to making money, where is the problem?

6. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Um…

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Closing dealers and plants and laying off workers... :eek:

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

Sergio Marchionne sure is _the_ car company manager at the moment ... and not only with chrysler but also with how he turned FIAT around ... the 500 is near the top of many reliability ratings in europe (only beaten by the inpracticle Toyota Aygo in his segment in germany for example)

now let's hope the rebadged chryslers gonna save Lancia

9. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

I would not be surprised that the Ford Motor Company may help Chrysler Group LLC to expand their Toluca, Mexico production line so it could produce both the Fiat 500 and Ford Ka, just like the original Fiat Auto Poland plant. (The Fiat 500 and Ford Ka share the same production platform and both models could come off the same production line.) This will allow Ford to sell the Ka in North America.

I do think that Fiat will get Chrysler to build the next-generation Punto hatchback and Linea saloon for the North American market, though, probably sold under the Dodge label.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Are you kidding me? I'll take a Challenger and a 300. Thanks.

11. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

I can't figure it out either. Ugly, overweight, and bloated describes most of their cars.

12. samiwas macrumors 65816

A 300, really? That's the most atrocious car...it just screams "pretentious" to me. Maybe it's because every one I see in Atlanta is blinged out with some rapper wannabe driving it.

13. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Well, obviously not you...

But some people are, and for good reason. The 2011 lineup is really fantastic. Between the Town and Country and the redesigned 300, the vehicles are engaging, well built, and appealing to the demographics they are aiming for.

I don't know how anyone could consider the Challenger bloated / ugly. Or even the 2011 Charger, which has really sweeping, bold lines, and is a lot less "chunky" than the 2005-2010 model.

But hey, I'm a tried and true, loyal-to-the-core Mopar fanatic. Hell, my username is based off a rather dull, mid 90s Plymouth sedan...

Attached Files: