Chuck Lorre's letter to Apple

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by diego84, Mar 10, 2009.

1. diego84 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, my DVR stopped right on the vanity card of Two and a Half Men producer Chuck Lorre. Thought maybe someone found it interesting.

From www.chucklorre.com

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #244

The Parents Television Council has asked Apple Computers to stop advertising on Two and a Half Men. Their reasoning is, surprise, surprise, the show's adult humor. I thought I might use my vanity card to send another message to Apple Computers.

Dear Apple,
    You have always been known, rightfully so, as the tech company that stood for freedom and individuality. Big Brother and the suppression of those principles was that other company's calling card. Remember them? I do. But that's not the reason this vanity card, as well as every budget, schedule, story, outline and script for Two and a Half Men, was written on an Apple. The reason is I believe your products are ahead of the curve, elegantly designed and just darn fun to use. Oh, and you should also know there are so many iPhones used by myself and members of our cast and crew to make calls, email, text, surf the internet, and play games, it's a miracle we get anything done at all. Anyway, we trust you'll make the right decision regarding the boycott request.

Thank you,
    Chuck Lorre

P.S. To the PTC. With the world economy in complete free fall, it's good to know you're still sweating the small stuff. Shall I send you more cupcakes so you can snack while attempting to suppress free speech? Or perhaps you can just change the freakin' channel.

2. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

That is so strange my wife noticed some rambling comments upon our DVR stopping after that show to - just yesterday. Apparently after every show Lorre Productions uses it as a soap box.

3. samiwas macrumors 65816

No, no, no...don't you know you can't do cupcakes any more?? There are a few children out there with rare allergies that may possibly cause them harm if they eat a cupcake. We don't want them to feel bad when the other kids are having cupcakes, so cupcakes have been banned altogether. Please, be sensible!!

4. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

I'd never heard of the PTC until now. I'm a parent and I have to agree with the poster above, violence on TV troubles me much more than sex. See, sex is marketed towards adults and teens so there is no problem there IMO. But violence has somehow become acceptable to market to any age group. Not that I would support censorship anyway... PTC, parents or puritans?

Edit: I should also say I had never heard of 2 1/2 men.

5. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

The whole idea of the PTC disturbs me. Its a shame when people try to censor their children rather than teach them that violence is wrong. I would hate for my children's first experience of a violent act to be when its perpetrated against them, or when they find themselves in a situation where they are part of a group perpetrating a violent act, and have no sense of the gravity and magnitude of the actions they are committing.

6. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Uhh, Iowa eh? Surprised you're on the "internet" then...:p

I usually catch Chuck's ramblings after The Big Bang Theory. Usually really funny stuff. This past week he told stories of getting screwed over in the music business and how it was funny to him now. Then he said he never got royalties for co-writing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme. "Not funny then, still not funny.":D

7. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Oh my god that show rocks! I couldn't stop watching it if I had a gun to my head.

8. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Well, what else are you going to do if you aren't slaughtering pigs or tasseling corn? .. Seriously, I'm just passing through.

I don't watch TV though. Probably why I hadn't heard of it. Of course, I hear about TV shows, but that one never crossed the radar.