chuck - the tv show

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Keebler, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

Hey,

Just wanted to send a kudos out for the TV show CHUCK.
    Hope there's not another thread on it b/c i couldn't find it.

Great show...the concept is definitely different than anything else on TV these days, great writing and solid acting make it very worth while. Oh and not to mention Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski). :) The story is also interesting as you have this guy, wanting to be better, kind of a geek, with a brain full of secrets, with a hottie bodyguard, who is kind of in love with him.

I'm in Canada and can't seem to find the preview for Monday's episode - any help? I can't view it on the NBC website b/c i'm not in the US. bummer!

If you haven't seen it. check out previous episodes on sidereels (I don't work for them or anything....just caught up on some I missed). Give it a chance. It's interesting.

Cheers
    Keebler

2. xodonniedarko macrumors 6502

xodonniedarko

I've never seen the show, but my local radio station was saying that it was really interesting, but a slight let down.

Is it worth seeing?

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

How can something be really interesting and still a slight let down? I'd ask that silly radio person... ;)

It is worth seeing. The first episode didn't hook me but I liked the concept so I watched a second. But by the third I was hooked. It's funny and cute. It's one of those more happier shows really I guess. Next week will be probably the furthest they've taken the whole emotional side of it so we'll see.

I think it's worth keeping around.

4. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

I think it's the best show on TV. Bar none.

And the Sarah character? Hoo-baby!

I think the writers have the romance dynamic down perfectly, it's up then it's down then it's up again.

Fantastic.

I used the rate The Office as my fave, but not anymore.

Cheers.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

:(

6. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

i think one of the funniest dynamics is the 'buy more' crew.

there is no way i'll ever be able to visit a future shop or best buy, without thinking of the BM crew. very witty.

7. xodonniedarko macrumors 6502

xodonniedarko

My name is Sarah.

There is definitely something going for girls named Sarah :)

8. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

And my daughter's name is Sarah too.

9. xodonniedarko macrumors 6502

xodonniedarko

I'm guessing she's beautiful :)

10. haiggy macrumors 65816

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Chuck!

So addicted...

(√) Hottest girls on any TV show currently running (Sarah, Carina, Lou, etc)
    (√) Awesome plot/characters
    (√) Action/Suspense
    (√) Romance/Sexual Tension
    (√) Hilarious!

What's not to like?

The pilot was alright, I agree it wasn't what got me hooked. Each episode keeps getting better and better so I can't stop watching! I was hooked by the third episode.

Chuck and Sarah... get together already dammit!!!

What do you think is going to happen with Bryce on Monday? :eek::eek::eek:

Here is the link to the trailer: http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2007/11/chuck-episode-110-chuck-versus-nemesis_20.html

11. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

haiggy, thanks for the linky! that's awesome. can't wait for Monday night and i normally don't get like that for tv shows. :)

12. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

Thought I'd give this a fresh bump. Chuck is easily the best all around show on TV these days. In the past I'd say that was Lost (which is still very good, but I feel like it has lost some of its impact). Anyway, the first season of Chuck finished up strong until the dreaded writers strike. Season 2, what can I say? There were certainly some terrific episodes and there were some excellent jokes - some you had to pay really careful attention for. I can't think of a show that brings better acting to the table week after week to deliver comedy, drama, romance and action. Truly a unique show.

Also, talk about guest stars! The best part is that they fit the part and are not cast just for name status:

Michael Clarke Duncan
    Melinda Clarke
    John Larroquette
    Michael Strahan
    Nicole Richie
    Ben Savage
    Tony Hale
    Jordana Brewster
    Carl Lumbly
    Morgan Fairchild
    Bruce Boxleitner
    Michael Rooker
    Reginald VelJohnson
    Dominic Monaghan
    Jerome Bettis
    Andy Richter
    Jenny McCarthy
    Arnold Vosloo
    Tricia Helfer

and of course the two big ones towards the end of the season:
    Scott Bakula
    Chevy Chase

Wow, I didn't realize how many big names there actually were this year!

For anybody that isn't familiar with the show I highly recommend you watch through S1 to see if you like it (only 13 episodes) before you move on to S2. Right now it's streaming free over at The WB website. http://www.thewb.com/shows/chuck

S3 likely won't start until next spring so you'd have plenty of time to catch up with S2 dvd release later this year.