Chucked my MBP box - help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nayf72, Jul 2, 2008.

1. nayf72 macrumors newbie

Hey,

My girlfriend chucked my MBP product box - don't ask! Thing is I've found a couple of dead pixels and wondered whether or not Apple will take it back without the original box?!

Has anyone else returned anything to Apple in a similar situation or am I going to be the first to try!

Its still within the 14 day period and I did buy it from Apple direct.

Thanks!

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Shouldn't be a problem, I'd probably take it into an Apple Store though if you can.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If it is BTO and it doesn't fall outside the realm of the standard number of acceptable dead pixels then you can't return it. If it isn't BTO and it still falls within acceptable levels then I doubt they'll let you return it without paying the restocking fee.

However, if there are so many dead pixels and you're within your 14-day period BTO or not I think you should be ok. Not everyone keeps their product boxes.

4. nayf72 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies.

So I should be more worried about the pixel issue rather than the box issue?!

Its a BTO by the way...

5. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

Having the original box is not something that will stop them from servicing your computer or exchanging it if enough pixels are dead.

And now about the more important issue, why didn't you dump her! j/k ;)