CIFilter/CALayer

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by KardelSharpeye, May 12, 2009.

1. KardelSharpeye macrumors member

KardelSharpeye

Hello,

I am just trying to give an object a glow by using the CALayer shadowColor but i cant find out how to successfully do it. The more I look the more confusing I got. Somehow I came to CIFilter but when I try to use this it says CIFilter is undeclared (first use in this function). I believe that CIFilter is in Quartzcore.framework and i have imported in my list of frameworks as well as my implementation file.

Please help.

Thanks.

2. BlackWolf macrumors regular

by making an image that has a glowing/shadow effect? my guess :D I don't think there is a built in function to do it

3. KardelSharpeye thread starter macrumors member

KardelSharpeye

tehres shadowColor for CALayer and filters for CIFilter but i JUST dont know how to set those values...

4. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

CALayer's shadow* properties are only available in Mac OS X and aren't defined in the iPhone OS headers, but the filters one is. However, according to the docs:
    While the CALayer class exposes this property, Core Image is not available in iPhone OS. Currently the filters available for this property are undefined.​

5. KardelSharpeye thread starter macrumors member

KardelSharpeye

lol DOH! so there is no way huh...=(

EDIT:

is there any visual effect that i can use to show the user that an object is selected?