Cimo Clear TPU Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MicroByte, Apr 13, 2010.

1. MicroByte macrumors 6502

I ordered this case on Saturday and it arrived today. Quick shipping!

I like the feel of the case so far, definitely a lot better for handling than the naked iPad case.

The only complaints I have so far are with the alignment of some of the hole placements, they seem to be off. The case fits REALLY tight and will definitely not fall off which is a good thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

3. ipadder macrumors regular

4. MicroByte thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for posting the link, didn't even think to do that!

One question for you. Did you have to make any "mods" to the case to enlarge any of the openings? I found that the hole for the orientation switch was too small, so cut that away and now it's fine.

However, I went to plug in the charger cable before going to bed and could not get it to attach! I'm going to have to make another adjustment when I get home to remedy this, but wanted to see if you had the same problems.

5. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

6. MicroByte thread starter macrumors 6502

It's actually an image formatted for the iPhone! I'm actually on my iPod touch right now so will post it later on tonight when I get on the desktop.

*edit*

Okay, not sure where the heck I got it from, but here is the full size image. Trust me, it looks good on the iPad Screen still!

[​IMG]

7. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

I'm glad I got the Belkin instead. Those mismatched cutouts would drive me nutty.

8. MicroByte thread starter macrumors 6502

I might eventually pick up the Belikin, but this works for now. Another issue I had was getting the charger cable to fit. I ended up trimming away some of the material on each side and it works now. I emailed Cimo concerning this issue and they are working on getting this issue resolved on future cases so the alignment problem might no longer be an issue.

9. T4R06 macrumors 65816

look at the cutout on the screen orientation switch, i bet you are having a hard time reaching it right? on belkin it has a slide cutout. also i find the cimo case color is not clear. how do you find the smell? belkin doesnt have any smell at all

10. MicroByte thread starter macrumors 6502

You are absolutely right, the screen orientation switch was impossible to flip so I had to actually get my exacto knife and cut about 1/4 inch away from each side. I also found the dock connector to be too small for the standard iPad recharge plug so had to widen that as well. It still takes a little effort to get in so it'll do for now.

As far as smell, there isn't any, which is great so no complaints there.

I'm thinking of checking out the Belkin case. For the price, I want something I am completely satisfied with. At least here, I'm only out $15 for now.

11. ipadder macrumors regular

Yes I had the misalignment issue but for the price, I don't think it's a big deal and it's an easy fix, like you said yourself.

Here are some similar images for the wallpaper.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. MicroByte thread starter macrumors 6502

Grr, decided that I really wasn't too happy with the case afterall. I didn't like the fact that my really great looking piece of hardware was being protected by a case that didn't align correctly to the buttons or ports.

I also don't like the fact that my dock connector still didn't fit correctly, even after modifications. I still had to pull the front piece of TPU in order to get it to fit. I would return it, but can't since I've cut pieces off of it.

So today I went and splurged and bought the Belkin Clear Grip Vue case. Wow, what a difference! Everything lines up beautifully and I'm able to get to all switches and connectors without issue. I also like the feel as it actully feels even "grippier" than the Cimo case.

Oh well, it was a $15 lesson learned... :(

13. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

We have had the same experience with this. We are actually contacting them to see what can be done.

14. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

They are supposed to be getting in new cases, but want proof that the old case was defective. If they know they are, why do they have to have proof? They also want shipping paid on it. That doesn't add up to good customer service. They did offer a partial refund of $8 and you keep the current case.

15. supermanx macrumors member

The macally flexfit does line up perfect, and can be purchased for around $20 shipped. There is also another thread regarding an ebay tpu case that looks good too.

One nice thing I like about the macally is the entire speaker area is cutout and is MUCH louder then using the apple case.

16. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

What colors are available? This is for the g/f and she wants something other then black.

17. supermanx macrumors member

I think the macally only comes in clear.

18. ipadder macrumors regular

I received one and I didn't have any issues with mine really. My only issue was the rotation lock switch was small but it lined up. So I guess not everyone was having a problem with the cases which may be why they want 'proof'. and I'm pretty sure shipping is not covered by any retailer that I know of.

Have you tried returning? It says on their site they give full refunds.