CineBench troubles?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ohkuipo, Dec 16, 2009.

1. ohkuipo macrumors member

Hi, I'm trying to use CineBench to test the ability of my (aged, like a fine wine) G4's video card, a Radeon 9800. However, I'm encountering a weird error--When I first ran the program, I'm instead met with CINEMA 4D, which is a 3D modeling program. This same thing happens if I download it from Apple.com or MAXON's website. To figure out why this is happening, I tried on my modern MacBook Pro, and CineBench opened just fine and benchmarked my laptop properly. At this point, I was confused! So I put the CineBench folder on a thumb drive, and stuck the drive into my G4. Now, if I launch CineBench off the thumb drive, it loads fine. But if I drag the contents of the folder over to the G4, I'm met with Cinema 4D instead! Could anyone please tell me what's going on? :confused:

I seem to not be the only one with this problem, as seen here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=513831

The one thing I think could maybe be affecting this is that the G4 drive is formatted UFS, and when I download CineBench, the folders contained the download are in lowercase letters. Over the thumbdrive, it's all uppercase.

2. ohkuipo thread starter macrumors member