Cinema 24 Inch LED and the Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Washac, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi All

Have spent quite some time trawling around the net regarding this problem and as yet other send back again have not found an answer.

What I talk of is that when people send back there a 24inch LED ACD for repair when it comes back the keyboard brightness control does
    not work and the brightness control in Prefs/Display is missing.

The strange thing is the Display functions as it should when used on a laptop etc, so does the REAL problem lie within the Mac Pro somehow ?

I'm confused :/

2. BillB50 macrumors member

I have an Apple cinema display and my brightness controls work - I have an 09 MP. My monitor is a refurbished 30".

3. Transporteur macrumors 68030

This issue does not apply to the 30" displays, since there is no comparable iMac that uses the same panel.

@ Washac
    Have you called AppleCare and explained them your issue?
    You've got a desktop system, so they come to your place, no need to carry your Pro to an Apple Store.

4. flyright macrumors newbie

Hi guys and gals!

Brand new here and was hoping to get some advice from some of you?

I'm thinking of getting a Mac Pro and was wondering your thoughts on the 2.9, 2.6 vs. the 3.3 GHZ? Probably some video editing ( needs to be high quality footage and high speed scene changes ) is going to be involved?

Also which monitor you would recommend? Not looking to break the bank but want something that would enhance the machine? Minimum size....does it have to be an Apple monitor? etc.

Thanks guys/gals in advance....GREAT SITE!!!

5. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i have an 09 mac pro with the 24 acd and the brightness controls work fine but i never sent it in to get worked on

6. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

7. playalistic macrumors regular

I have an 09 quad 2.9Ghz, and 24 " LED displays, don't have any issues with brightness controls either from the keyboard or prefpane.