Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

triton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2003
I'm interested in learning this curious piece of 3D software. Can anyone tell me any resources out there that they may know of. I would love to find some learning DVD's or something similiar, instead of having to read through some dry old books. Thank you!!!!!! :cool:

fleaworld

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2004
London
CGTalk is very good, as is Renderosity.com and Maxon.net. All have people who will willingly help and many have good tutorials and links to other tutorial material.

T

thejazzman10

if you want a cinema-like interface, you could try out cheetah3D (go to http://www.macupdate.com ,and search for cheetah3D) its fun. Cinema 4D is one of the best 3D apps I have tried.

Good luck! its really fun
!

PixelGlitch

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2004
Los Angeles
As mentioned, CGTalk.com is very good. Also, for free text and video tutorials I recommend www.3dbuzz.com. Also as mentioned, www.maxon.net has many good tutorials and the actual manual for version 8.5 (not sure if they've actually updated the manual since 8.2) is very well put together. If you download the 8.5 demo, make sure to download the tutorials and project files as well.

Good luck with your 3d endeavors. I have found Cinema 4d to be the most stable and easy to use compared to Maya 5.0 and Lightwave 7.5. As a company, Maxon has consistently supported the Mac community much better than Alias or Newtek. Out of these three 3d apps, Cinema 4d performs just as well, if not better, on the Mac as on the PC. I don't think the same could be said for Maya and Lightwave, although I haven't tried Maya 6 or Lightwave 8 so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.