Cinema Display causing slow wifi

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iSeven, Mar 16, 2008.

1. iSeven macrumors newbie

Hello all,

So I bought a companion for my macbook 1 month ago and noticed a bad trend. For some reason, when my MacBook is connect to the 23" cinema display, the WiFi is HORRIBLY slow. Slower than AT&T's iPhone internet sometimes. When i disconnect it, my WiFi is noticeably faster.

Has anyone else experienced this or know of a solution? I really don't wanna take my beautiful display back.

Thank in advance =)

2. /"\/oo\/"\ macrumors regular

is the macbook closed when it's plugged into the display?

3. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

I dont know how the two are related

because:

the Display consumes video memory, nothing else...

OR
    the Display and WiFi are competing for power

I suggest that you try the Display when MB is plugged into mains, and see if WiFi is faster...

If possible i suggest you try the display with the MB hooked up via ethernet to isolate if WiFi is problem...

Best of luck, Newbie...

4. eb201 macrumors newbie

Sorry, I have no advice but I suffer from the same problem. My internet is unbearably slow when connected to my 2003 20" cinema display, but when I disconnect the display, my internet is blazing fast. Any insight to this would be great.

5. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Is the ACD between your antenna and your MB? The aluminum enclosure could be attenuating the signal.

6. eb201 macrumors newbie

This display is not in an aluminum enclosure. It is the older model of the cinema displays. The whole thing is very strange. If the internet is running slow, either opening or closing the macbook makes the internet run at normal speed. The weird thing is, I always have a full signal from the airport. I can get everything to run normally by either opening or closing the macbook, but it would be great if everything would just work the way it is.

Also, I apologize iSeven, I don't mean to take over your thread but I figure we can both get our problems solved. I am assuming we are experiencing the same issue, so please feel free to interject.