Cinema display data cable question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by peregrinare, Feb 11, 2013.

1. peregrinare macrumors newbie

Is it possible to unplug the data cable on the cinema display 27? Trying to install the Just Mobile AluRack, but they don't provide much instruction. Thanks.

2. simsaladimbamba

Do you mean you want to disconnect the USB cable from the 27" LED Apple Cinema Display (the one with the MagSafe and Mini DisplayPort cable), which is in itself connected to the display with the two other cables (MDP and MagSafe)? What would be the gain in this for installing the Mobile Rack?

Or do you mean the 20", 23" or 30" Apple Cinema Display with DVI, Firewire 400 and USB cable?

3. peregrinare thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help. I'm referring to the 27" ACD and the cable with the MagSafe, USB, and Mini DisplayPort. I pulled on the cable, but it felt as if it weren't meant to be unplugged.

Check out the product website for details.

http://www.just-mobile.com/mac/alurack-1.html

4. simsaladimbamba

The USB cable is connected with the MagSafe and MDP cable to the display, thus not easily removable.

Again, what would be the gain from this, as you can still use the USB cable as intended and the USB cable inside the cable collection does not make it any bigger to not use that rack, or am I misunderstanding you?

5. lucasfer899 macrumors 6502

lucasfer899

1)No. Not ever.
    2) Why? *Gives disapproving look*

6. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

It is hardwired to the display and is not designed to be removed/detached.

Based on the pictures, the cable and the power cable are routed between the AluRack and the stand. (Sixth image showing a side view of the AluRack and the cables).