Cinema display discounts: buy now, or Bye now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DrGonzo2121, Apr 4, 2007.

1. DrGonzo2121 macrumors newbie

upon hearing the news of price drops in ACD's today, how does everyone interpret this? Does it mean new displays are coming, and if so what is everyone hoping for with the revision?

personally im hoping for hdcp with hdmi and led backlighting. also a 24 in model would be nice

Also, let's NOT get into the Apple VS Dell display arguments. please.

2. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I'm not sure about the 20", but it's definitely time for Apple to ditch the 23" model and replace it with a 24" one. I wonder though if they will use an S-IPS panel again (like what's in the new NEC 2490), or are they holding out for one with LED technology.

Someone else mentioned that the Apple 30" only shows 72% of the color gamut - while the new Dell 3007HC will do 93% (my numbers may be slightly off). If that's the case, then Apple definitely needs to upgrade that model as well.

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I am holding out on a cinema display till I know if I will get a Mac Pro or iMac, but personally I would expect that when they see a revision, that the prices won't go back up, and they are due for a revision. I think this is just an incentive to go along with the 8-core annoucement to drive sales of existing inventory and that we will see some revisions at WWDC. I am still hoping for incorporated iSights though the are strong arguments for why they won't do that.

4. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

5. Silentwave macrumors 68000

I'm holding out for the next update at least. If the next update has this price or lower, and uses and AS-IPS (Advanced S-IPS, superior to the existing S-IPS and S-PVA panels out there) then I'll bite...

If it hasn't been updated by the time I get my Mac Pro, or the update does not have those needs met, I will buy an NEC monitor with the AS-IPS panel.

6. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

What are the chances of the new revisions to be more expensive?

Seriuosly, the 23" ACD is cheaper than the Dell 24" (for me anyways) and the Dell has also been cut in price...! o_O