Cinema Display Help needed

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by astudentis, Jul 12, 2008.

1. astudentis macrumors regular

Hello,

I have setup the 23i cinema display with mac pro

I have connected the USB and firewire cable to mac pro.. and keyboard is attached to back of the display

for some reason i can not seem to adjust the brightness of the display from the keyboard (though i can do it from the side of the monitor)

Neither can i see the brightness slider bar in the display settings...

also while the display is the the power led in the front blinks 3 times, then there is a little pause, and blinks 3 times again... (dont know if that means anything)?

Can someone help me figure out how to fix this brightness control issue with the display

thanks

PS i have reseted PRAM and NVRAM... still nothing has changed

also note i do not have and options tab for some reason.... (i have tried to plug the display's usb into the back 3 usb of the macpro... still nothing)

Attached Files:

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      29 KB
      Views:
    • 2.gif
      2.gif
      File size:
      134.2 KB
      Views:
  2. superscientific macrumors regular

I am having the exact same problem with a 09 mac pro and 24" Cinema Display. Is there a fix for this? I cannot control my brightness and am not seeing a control bar. Works fine with the MBP unibody but not on the mac pro. HELP?

3. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

I have had this excactly the same problem as the OP for a couple of years on my Mac Pro, as yest I have found no answer, other than the monitors brightness can be controlled from another I mac here, also the keyboard is OK also connected that to another Mac, the problem all points towards something to do with the USB side of the MacPro.