Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peldin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
my 23inch display is starting to act up. pretty sure it's the graphic card, but i'm not a technical wiz, so please advise if u have the time.

i have 1st generation macpro with a 7300. 2.6 ghz proc. All my 10gb ram is running fine. Tiger. no more warranty.

After i put computer to sleep and wake it up, the display stays down. I can hear computer come alive and make its little normal sounds, but display stays black. In order to get it up I hold power button and restart. At one point the display, after one hour use, began blinking black and blue, slowly, as if it was trying to conect to the computer. I recogize the pattern from my laptop when i connect to projector.

I have tried booth ports on the card. same thing.

Anyway, i figure this is a graphic card issue. Was planning too get a new card soon, or now is fine, but read somewhere that ati would release a new card (4570 or something like this) for mac.

thanks

inigel

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2008
No where
Assign the power button on the monitor to turn the display on/off.

See if you can use that to wake the monitor up.

peldin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
yeah, I tried it. No luck.

It's quite depressing because i'm in China, and getting apple stuff, that probably is even made here, is really difficult. They opened a store in Beijing, but assortment is limited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.