Cinema display MDP to DP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AkuskaUK, Sep 19, 2016.

1. AkuskaUK macrumors 6502

AkuskaUK

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question, if I was able to get hold of a 27" ACD with the mini display port, would I be able to use a MDP to display port adapter to my Mac Pro (GTX770) and still be able to use the mic, speakers and camera?

Also, if anyone has a 27" ACD (non-thunderbolt) for sale, please message me. I have also made a WTB in the market place forum.

Thanks.

2. Childs macrumors member

You should have access to the camera and mic if the display's USB cable is plugged in to your Mac. I used one of these monitors at work on a cMP with a 5870 and use the camera.

3. AkuskaUK thread starter macrumors 6502

AkuskaUK

4. Childs macrumors member

Also, you might be better off getting a cheaper new monitor and just getting a webcam. At home I use a Logitech C920 and it works with FaceTime and most things.

http://imgur.com/vrOvZuJ

The camera isnt recognized by FCP or iMovie, but the mic is. You can always record with QT Player. Anyways, just something to consider. The Apple thunderbolt/mini displayport monitors are still kinda expensive, even though they are fairly old.

5. AkuskaUK thread starter macrumors 6502

AkuskaUK

Thanks for the replies! I was asking because I have a Cinema Display arriving in a few minutes actually. I was about to order it when I made this thread.

Thanks for your help though, it's greatly appreciated!