Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jopling

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
Hey, I was going to buy a 23 inch apple cinema display tonight, but the store I went to didn't offer student discounts, so I held off the purchase till tomorrow. I was wondering, I wanted to use this monitor for more screen real estate (I use Final Cut Pro and Photoshop)and I really like the design and the quality. I feel really bad about spending so much on a display though, are there any other displays like this (excluding the Dells unless there is one that takes RCA and cable) or a display I could hook to cable and my computer and still get just as good quality? If I got the cinema display I'd be getting an eye tv as well.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
If you're going to an Apple Store they offer student discounts. If it's an Apple Reseller they might not. If you want both I'd go for a 24" Dell Widescreen LCD.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Jopling said:
well the 23 inch apple lcd has the same amount of pixels.
So, what's the problem with the Dell then? Your Phillips LCD TV is 1366 x 768. Dell is also having a killer sale until the end of this month. $850-900 for the 24" LCD.

Jopling

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
I hear the dell monitor has problems dropping frames with final cut pro. Also I hear it has uneven lighting problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.