Cinema Display Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hldomster, Apr 24, 2009.

1. hldomster macrumors member

Got a few problems with my new LED Cinema Display.

First thing is that every now and again the tint of the screen changes, like a subtle change in contrast/brightness. This happens randomly when browsing the net etc, I don't have to be doing anything in particular. At first I thought this may be dynamic contrast, but apparently the ACD does not have it. It does not happen all the time, but when it happens it starts happening regularly.

Next thing is this thing gets quite hot. Is this normal?

Finally, when I go into spaces it goes really slowly, sometimes. Like you know when you close a window and hold 'shift' and it goes in slow motion, entering and exiting spaces is like that, although not all the time. Also, when I select a space, it does not always go to that space. For example, I have 4 spaces, and just before I went into spaces, it opened slowly, then I clicked space 4, and it went slowly into space 4 but the windows in space 4 then flashed and disappeared, and I was actually in space 2. I don't have this problem on the MacBook, but I have had general problems with graphics at the moment, such as laggy HD playback which I've discussed in another thread, and which is still not resolved.

Please help.

2. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

heat is normal.

video card on macbook may not push led cinema display quite as well as you'd like.

Color/brightness changes shouldn't happen, but you may want to check your system prefs about adjusting brightness of displays which is under Displays.