Cinema display screen is red

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chipandegg, Jun 30, 2012.

1. chipandegg macrumors regular

chipandegg

The screen on my cinema display has started to go red, like a red fog has desended and right now its mostly got this red hue to it then not. Other times, lots of blue dots begin to show up and with a bit of flashing.

I did an Apple Hardware Test, as I thought the graphics card might be malfunctioning, but the test said there were no problems with the hardware. When an AHT takes place does it test the monitor?

I've also turned everything off, and disconnected everything, reconnected and it still happens, after about 5 minutes. Does this mean the cables/pins/screen are faulty?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, because I think I may need to buy a new monitor sooner rather then later.

Thanks

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The Apple Hardware Test only checks for issues with specific components of the computer it is run on, it does not check the peripherals. You should connect the display to another computer if you have one available to you. Depending on the age of the display it may not be eligible for even a paid repair unfortunately.