Cinema Display won't wake from sleep with DVI-to-ADC adapter?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jwervel16, May 31, 2007.

1. jwervel16 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Lately I've been unable to wake my computer from sleep mode. I have a G4 Sawtooth hooked up to a 17" LCD Apple Cinema Display (Acrylic) using an official DVI-to-ADC adapter. Running under Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.9. I try to push keys, click the mouse, even plug and unplug USB cords from the G4 to get it to wake up, but nothing works!

I eventually have to turn off the system altogether by holding down the power button -- I can't imagine this is a good practice over a long period of time.

Anybody have any ideas on what I can do? Is this a known problem?

Thanks,
    jwervel16

2. jwervel16 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does nobody else have this issue? Or does anybody know where I should investigate?

3. jwervel16 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm... Well, I may have come up with a fix for this, in case anyone else here is interested or has a similar issue.

If I sleep my machine from Finder with no apps open, it won't wake up the next day. However, I discovered that if I sleep my computer directly from an open application -- in this case, a Google News page in the Camino browser -- it will wake up later. I have no idea how to explain this, but it's worked 3 days in a row now. Maybe it just "remembers" that something was going on so it doesn't completely hibernate. Of course, I'm too tech illiterate to know the 'why' part.

Anyway, there you have it! :confused: